The Downtown Dreamer: The First Snowfall

Friday, November 29, 2013

The First Snowfall

A few days ago, I woke up to a layer of snow outside . Anyone who knows me knows how much I hate the cold. But there's something special about the first snowfall that makes me forget all about my disdain for winter. It's so calming and lovely.



So with the -9 weather that morning I did the only logical thing anyone would do, I threw on a ridiculously festive sequin skirt, red lipstick, and then ventured outside to take pictures.


Outfit Details - Cardigan: H&M, Skirt: Zara (old, smiliar), Boots: Payless Shoes, Bracelet: Self-made, Ring: Forever 21 (I think?), Beret: Winners

The hilarious and beautiful Joanna from ModaMama inspired me to finally wear this skirt. Every week, Joanna holds a "Rule Breaker" challenge . Last week it was mixing leopard and plaid, this week she challenged her readers to wear sequins during the day.

I gladly accepted the challenge .




Good thing too! This skirt has been hanging in my closet for the past 3 years. It was one of those things that I absolutely loved in the store, but when I brought it home, all of a sudden it didn't fit right and I didn't like the style . I tried to wear it countless times, but I just wasn't convinced by anything I paired it with. That is, until today.

Luckily, I've got this terrible habit of not throwing anything away. Or else, I would've gotten rid of this beauty a long time ago. Hoarding - 1, Cleaning - 0.

Till Next Time,

4 comments:

  1. Love that skirt. It's super cute. And I can totally see wearing it with a chuncky sweater and a cute pair of boots. You know, dress it down for the day. But what you did is adorable! Thanks for the mention :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Joanna! I've definitely thought of pairing the skirt with a chunky sweater too.With the cold weather upon us, I'm going to try it soon.

      Delete
  2. There truly is something special about the first snowfall of the year - and you look lovely against the winter background, your skirt and sweater are so cute together!
    xox,
    Cee
    www.cocoandvera.com

    ReplyDelete