The Downtown Dreamer: Where's the Meat? A Vegetarian Thanksgiving

Thursday, October 24, 2013

Where's the Meat? A Vegetarian Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving was pretty low-key for me this year, so I took the opportunity to throw a mini dinner party for my friends. They were warned ahead of time that there wouldn't be any Turkey or Ham at this shindig. It was strictly a vegetarian Thanksgiving. Sure, I got some strange looks and questions about what a "Vegetarian Thanksgiving" looks like, so to answer those questions, here's what I made...

I've always wanted to make acorn squash, and this was the perfect occasion.
Not to brag, but it was absolutely amazing! The squash itself was a little sweet, but the savory Quinoa stuffing balanced out the flavours nicely. I got the inspiration off pinterest (where else!).
I'll post the recipe on the blog soon. It's too good not to share.

Of course by the end of the meal, I was in such a food coma that I forgot to take pictures of the delicious pumpkin pie that my friend made. Despite the food coma however, I still had room to eat pie and drink tea.

I'm pleasantly surprised with how everything turned out. I'm still dreaming about that squash. Mmm...

What's your favourite Thanksgiving Dish?

Till Next Time,

2 comments:

  1. I'm definitely a meat girl, but this food looked amazing. Made me totally hungry! Great blog.

    www.beautycatt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete